Business Continuity Planning (BCP) operates under the Department of Risk Management, Safety and Security (RMSS). The primary function of BCP is to enable the continuation of critical University processes in the event of a disaster or disruption affecting campus operations. The mission of BCP is as follows:
- Assess the effect associated with risks to operational continuity and mitigate their impact to campus operations
- Provide support to all University colleges and departments in development of Continuity of Operations Plans (COOP)
- Establish and maintain a viable business continuity plan and recovery process
- Collaborate with Emergency Management staff and community partners to enable effective transition from incident management to business resumption
- Conduct training exercises that test and evaluate University, colleges and department COOP plans
Engage the campus community regarding BCP and operational continuity to develop comprehensive plans, generate awareness, and implement best in class programs.
Uphold the University’s mission and commitment to safety through an all-hazards, risk based approach regarding business continuity planning needs and preparedness.